Jewish Family and Children’s Service of Minneapolis
Location: Golden Valley
PAY: $17.00 Hourly
Days: Part-time, 19-31 hours a week
The Parent-Child Home Program is an evidence-based early literacy, parenting, and school readiness home visiting program, committed to closing the achievement gap by providing low-income families the skills and materials they need to prepare their children for school and life success. PCHP Early Learning Specialist (ELS) follow national guidelines in implementing the program with families locally. ELS meet with families in their homes twice per week to model effective ways for parents to increase their verbal interaction and prepare children for school success by learning through play with the use carefully selected books and toys. ELS also connect parents with community resources to empower the whole family.
- Home Visits: Conduct twice weekly in-home visits with caseload of 8-14 families. (40%)
- Record/Data Management: Complete and organize daily session notes on each visit, program records, daily paperwork and required evaluations as directed (30%)
- Training and Superivsion: Participate in weekly staff meetings and regular supervision meetings. (20%)
- Recruitment: Participate in PCHP family recruitment efforts (5%)
- Event Facilitation: Plan and facilitate park and library events for your PCHP families. (5%)
- Bachelor’s degree in child development, early childhood education, or related field preferred; will consider Associate’s degree, HS Diploma or GED with relevant experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience working with culturally, economically and educationally diverse families – including specific expertise with immigrant/refugee communities and low-income/generational poverty communities is preferred
Office: Diana MacLennan (Human Resource Manager) 952-542-4858